Tagsart automotive beauty business camping design diet education empoyment entertainment exercise family fashion financial food health home improvement information insurance internet jewelry legal lifestyle marketing music news news. music parenting pets photography politics real estate relationships review reviews safety seo services shopping software sports tech travel video website
Why Cleaning Your Oriental Rug Yearly Is Good For Your Health
Oriental rugs are exquisite things that can light up the décor of a room effectively. Likewise a badly maintained rug can also ruin the room’s designer look just like that. It is therefore important to make sure that Oriental rugs are taken care of at intervals to make sure they give you value for your money. Oriental rugs are one of the biggest household items that seem to attract dust, mites, moisture, moths, spiders, and any chemicals that are sprayed in the air for example mosquito repellents. Thus it makes Oriental rugs quite hazardous for the people living in the home or office if they remain unclean for a long period of time.
Dangers to Health
It has been proved that many diseases can arise due to an unclean rug in the house. Children and elderly people are especially susceptible to illnesses caused by dirty rugs. These are some of the dangers of keeping an unclean oriental rug:
- Those who suffer from asthma need to make sure that products that tend to attract dust should be cleaned regularly as dusty rugs often increase the chances of asthma attacks.
- Oriental rug cleaning is crucial to keep out many harmful pests and micro dust particles that get stuck to it during the course of time.
- Made out of wool and cotton, these rugs attract bugs and dust mites excessively if they are not cleaned regularly.
- Dust mites increase allergies and skin problems especially in children who might love to play on the rug. Itchy skin, sneezing and malaise are common occurrences when children come in contact with the surface of the rug during play time.
- Moths also are harmful as they may lay eggs in the rug and damage it beyond repair.
- Also dust particles and air pollutants get inside the fine fibers of the rug and increase the chances of spreading respiratory illnesses and allergies from time to time.
- If there are pets in the house then most likely fleas and other insects can get transferred from their body to the rug which is again a health hazard for children.
- Mildew is a concern during the rainy season and the winter season.
- Dirty rugs can also contain harmful bacteria like Salmonella and E Coli fostering under the surface due to food droppings on the rug.
- An unclean rug can cause athlete’s foot or fungal infections as well.
- If bare skin comes in contact with it then it might cause itching and skin rashes that might leave an ugly mark on the skin.
Benefits of Oriental Rug Cleaning
There are many benefits of Oriental rug cleaning. If you own one then make sure that the rug has a pad which will support it and make it last longer. Health wise it is very much necessary to get your Oriental rug cleaned at least once a year.
- Cleaning the rug will decrease the chances of allergies and skin infections significantly.
- It may also prevent onset of fungal infections and respiratory distress due to dust mites and mold.
- A clean Oriental rug is a safe place for the children to play without being exposed to bacteria and air pollutants.
- Rugs often trap huge amount of dust particles that rise every time someone kicks the rug which then induces sneezes and asthma attacks. A clean Oriental rug will prevent that as well.
- A clean rug will not leave any bad odor which may spread to other rooms as well.
Best way to get the Oriental rug cleaned
Many presume that cleaning an Oriental rug is easy and that most of the time a vacuum cleaner and a blower might do the job. However in reality, vacuuming the rug can deteriorate the condition of the rug and also destroy the fine fibers of the rug. It is therefore best to leave the job to the professionals rather then destroy such beautiful pieces of merchandise with insufficient cleaning. Professional Oriental Rug cleaning companies have effective cleaning methods that not only clean, aerates, deodorize but also enhance the colors of the rug which might have faded a bit. The Oriental rugs go through a process of intense cleaning which includes color fastness, stain removing, odor removal and dust removal. Different companies use different methods of Oriental rug cleaning. However every cleaning process usually involves dust removal, decontamination, preconditioning, washing and rinsing, drying and finally grooming. Usually Oriental rugs are cleaned with solutions that do not contain hard chemicals like bleach that destroy the fibers. Instead a soft but effective solution is used to clean and decontaminate the rug thoroughly. The washing process is done in a unique way where the rug is kept under running water in a pit and left for sometime. It is then dried in a room under controlled temperature. The rug is then brushed and groomed manually so that the look remains intact. After being professionally cleaned, an Oriental rug looks as good as new and lasts longer twice as much.
A genuine piece of hand knotted Oriental rug is priceless piece of upholstery that should be taken care of. As history has shown, Oriental rugs have lasted for decades in palaces and castles. Same can be said for the rugs in our houses as well. All that is needed is a professional Oriental rug cleaning once a year and they will be good as new again. A clean rug is a not a health hazard. Hand woven, these delicate pieces of art can dramatically make and change the character of a room in an instant. Proper care and maintenance will make them last for a long time proving to be a good investment.